07 July 2011

And now for something completely different...

Hello! I've been hard at work on a whole mess of new gigposters, and I just finished printing some t shirts for the first time ever. Printing on shirts is actually very different from printing on paper, I've learned. I was asked to participate in Happy Fuggin' 8th of July; a huge party, rock show, and t shirt art exhibition (all in one!). Each artist will have hand printed t shirts on display at Fugscreens Studios tomorrow night (that's July 8th). Shirts will be for sale at the show. I have never printed shirts before, and I have no idea when I'm going to do this again. I've been seeing a lot of other artists' work around the shop this week, and there is definitely going to be some awesome stuff. The madness begins tomorrow, 7 PM at Fugscreens Studios (1735 N. Ashland Ave. Chicago, IL). Real talk.

I will be giving a talk at Harrington College of Design (
200 West Madison Street, Chicago, IL) on July 21st. More info here. Also speaking will be Dan MacAdam (Crosshair) and Zissou Tasseff-Elenkoff (Fugscreens Studios).

And of course Flatstock 30 will be next weekend at Union Park in Chicago as part of Pitchfork Music Festival. Nadine from Sonnenzimmer has challenged me to a vegan ice cream eat down. I feel confident that I can still hold my own a year later. Results will be reported.

Lastly, I will be releasing recent posters I did for Ween and Iron and Wine tomorrow (July 8th). Both prints will be available on my site. Sorry for the lack of updates here. If you're in Chicago, come on out to any (or all) of the aforementioned events.





No comments: