15 September 2011

This is just a romantic concept

I arrived in Munich yesterday after a long (but comfortable) train ride from Hamburg. I was greeted at the train station by my friend Bernd Hoffman, poster artist Senor Burns. Bernd and I have a gig poster show together here in Munich that opens tonight at Foyer der Bürogemeinschaft (more info here). We spent a good chunk of yesterday afternoon hanging posters at the gallery, which is connected to an architecture office. I will try to get some photos of the full gallery tonight; this space is really cool.
I am staying with some new friends of mine, who are in a band called Candelilla. They are an artist on Bernd's record label, Red Can Records, and they have just returned from a little city called Chicago where they were recording a new album with Steve Albini. Last night we were given a preview of the album, and it's really, really good. Listening to the final mix of the album with them, hearing them talking about future plans for the band, upcoming shows, etc. makes me really miss playing music. So yeah, if anyone wants to start a mathrock band with me in Chicago, get at me.
Red Can Records' tenth anniversary show is this Friday in Munich, so I'll get to see Candelilla play (which I'm quite excited about), along with a bunch of other bands from the label.
Okay, time to find vegan food in Munich!

Note: Any orders that have been placed through my site since September 9th will unfortunately not be shipped until I return to the US on October 3rd. For those who have to wait an extra week or two for their orders to ship, I will be including some free stuff.

No comments: