19 April 2011

Oh, hi Mark!

It's raining in Chicago right now. I've finished work for the day and am contemplating what to eat for dinner. I spent a good chunk of the day working on some new paintings. It feels good to paint again. I'm pretty excited about these, too.
I was recently asked to participate in something for the 2011 Version Festival through my friends at Fillintheblank Gallery. The idea was to make a quick visual map of one's personal "art landscape." I had only a rough idea what I was going to do for this, so it mostly came together when I sat down and penciled this out.
This was actually going to be a lot more cartoonish, but I ended up deciding against that. I had a lot of fun with this. It's going to be interesting to see what other people came up with.

For no apparent reason other than to procrastinate on making dinner, here are a few songs that have been feeding my ears today:
Rose Melberg - Each New Day
Jawbox - Sound On Sound (originally by Big Boys)
Fugazi - Furniture
Smashing Pumpkins - Try, Try, Try (alternate take)
Tiger Trap - Sour Grass



No comments: