13 June 2010

I know I used to listen to a lot of ska, but I really don't like bowling.

Painting was always something I avoided while in undergrad. By the last two years of my college career, I couldn't create anything without some kind of outline. In the past year or so, I've become more comfortable with using a brush for ink drawing. I began to experiment with paint again when I was privately commissed for a couple of pieces.
For a recent commission, I decided to just dive in and try to do the whole thing in oil paint. I'd never used oils before, so this painting took me longer than it should have, mostly because I needed some time figuring out how to work with oils and to understand the medium. So without futher ado (but please do excuse the poor photo quality), here is my modest first attempt with oil.

An Expedition For Momentum, 16x20", oil on panel, 2010.

No comments: