14 August 2009

Doesn't anybody want to see the damned sunset?

I'm back in Montreal and hard at work on some new artwork. I've been experimenting more with transparent inks, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. To the left is the first in a new narrative series. I'm really excited about all the new things I've been learning and applying to my process lately. I've been mixing some of my colors with Floetrol, which is a paint additive that printers sometimes use to thin ink (a little tip I learned at Screwball last month). It proved to be very useful with large amounts of transparent base, which tends to be a bit thick. I will be doing a lot more with transparent inks in the future. I'm already nearly finished cutting films for the second print in the series and can't wait to start printing again.
In other news, I'm gearing up for some poster events in the Netherlands and Germany, Z-Stock and Flatstock 23, respectively.

I also wrapped up an enamel painting last week, which admittedly has me wanting to start painting a lot more. It's hard to pull any energy away from printing right now, though. If I have some time this fall, I want to get some oil paint and a few small panels and see what I can do with them. I'll be sure to post it on here, provided it's not too embarrassing.
It's terribly hot in Montreal right now. I've spent a large part of today in the air conditioning, at my light table drawing platypuses.
Huge thanks to all who have been reading and getting in touch with me. That's really awesome of you, and it makes me happy. Lots of new stuff on the way!

No comments: