08 February 2009

Dancing at discos, eating (soy) cheese on toast

I have long been tired of freezing cold, gray skies, and disgusting black slush lining every street. Chicago winters are most unkind. I couldn't be happier to see this season on its way out. We in the midwest know how it goes every year, however: we'll get a couple of warm days, then a few more weeks of winter, followed by another couple of nice days. Repeat until May.
In any event, I've been spending a lot of time at the light table, which is always a good thing. I've got the last two prints from my little narrative series on the way, as well as a modest inflow of freelance work. I'm keeping busy for sure.

I've had a lot of fun with the whole Paper Airplane Narrative thing. I like the idea of telling a story through a series of prints. Right now, the "story" probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but it should after the next two prints are finished. I like keeping it brief and somewhat vague, too, so people can interpret it individually and take something different from it. Ah, Delacroix would be pleased! Or possibly rolling in his grave.

No comments: