08 April 2012

Avocados, receipts, bananas, and freestyle rap battles

This picture was taken the other night at I Am Logan Square Gallery here in Chicago. "Print Me a Square", an exhibition featuring work from Fugscreens Studios, Screwball Press, Kill Hatsumomo Prints, Ryan Duggan, Billy Craven, and myself. The reception was great, and our man Billy was kept busy all evening handling sales.
My friend Zissou, who runs Fugscreens Studios (which is where I print), curated this show. Zissou, Billy, and our friend Allie are in the process of opening a brand new gallery and storefront in Logan Square. Their plan is to focus on and specialize in poster art/artists, as well as street art. They've got a Kickstarter going to get this project off the ground, so I wanted to drop them a little plug. Check out their Kickstarter campaign.

I worked until 4 am last night between printing the third poster I've printed this week and getting all of last year's receipts entered into spreadsheets so I can file my taxes today. The poster I finished last night was a tour poster for The Sky We Scrape, which is the band I recently have begun playing with. We leave for a short (9 day) tour tomorrow, so if you live in any of these cities and happen to be reading this, come say hi!
4/10 Oklahoma City, OK
4/11 Dallas, TX
4/12 Austin, TX
4/13 Albuquerque, NM
4/14 Tucson, AZ
4/15 Las Vegas, NV
4/16 Salt Lake City, UT
4/17 Denver, CO
4/18 Iowa City, IA
(Show details are on the band's facebook page)

No comments: