29 October 2011

Doom Town

I'm up a bit earlier than I thought I'd be this morning, which is not to say that I don't enjoy getting up at a decent hour--I've just been trying to catch up on rest lately. Either way, I couldn't be happier to be eating avocados, drinking soy milk, and listening to Tom Waits on this chilly autumn morning in Chicago.
My girlfriend and I ended up having a couple drinks too many and talking enthusiastically last night about everything from politics to our parents to our respective goals and progress in life. It's nice to occasionally have a reminder that not only am I doing what I want to do with my life (at least for moment), but I am with someone who is doing the same.
Seriously, I live for mornings like this. I've got a bunch of boring spreadsheet work to do, but it's totally cool.

Also, this is worth checking out: http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/interactive/2011/oct/18/occupy-protests-map-world

No comments: