01 February 2009

I am your pamphleteer.

Above is a new art print that I printed today (instead of watching a certain vaunted festival of popular athletics and advertising). 19x25 inches, eight screens used, printed on French Speckletone. I will be signing them tomorrow, and they'll be available this week. This is the most screens I have used for one print so far. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out, but I'm admittedly looking forward to resuming my "paper airplane narrative" series with 3-5 screens and smaller edition numbers.

This week, I had the pleasure of visiting Chicago's Screwball Press. It was great to meet Steve and Erin, talk shop, and actually see an auto press in action. Watching Erin work on the auto sure makes printing an eight color run by hand feel particularly labor intensive. Steve Walters also hooked me up with a new art print depicting various squeegee angles. He used photographs of his own hand holding the squeegee and converted them to halftones. Coupled with Steve W's very distinct sense of color, this makes for a killer print. I think I'm going to hang it on the wall right above my hand press.
Now I owe Steve a print.

More prints are on the way. Stay tuned!

No comments: